Secondary Mathematics Coach
This individual will be responsible for bringing evidence-based practices into mathematics classrooms by working with and supporting mathematics teachers and administration with the goal of increasing student engagement, improving student achievement, and building teacher
capacity in the content area of mathematics. He or she will collaborate with classroom teachers to support student learning and instructional practices. This individual facilitates the intellectual and professional development of math teachers, creates positive working relationships with teachers and administrators, communicates and models research-based instructional practices that result in increased student performance. This
individual must react to change productively and handle other tasks as assigned. This is grant-funded for through June 30, 2022.
Salary commensurate with experience.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES
- Leads math teachers in integrating formative assessment practices in schools and individual classrooms.
- Coaches and supports math teachers in planning, delivering and assessing high-quality instruction.
- Keeps weekly and detailed records related to all aspects of the position including a coaching log to include dates, times, and locations.
- Plans, models, and co-teaches effective lessons with math teachers.
- Support includes frequent classroom visits, observing instruction to assess need, planning for instruction, modeling, co-teaching, consulting, guided reflection, and supportive and specific feedback to teachers and administrators.
- Participates and observes the planning process and the instruction that follows, and provides supportive and specific feedback and suggestions.
- Analyzes data to determine benchmarks, establish goals, and monitor improvement in identified schools and develops concrete steps within the math content area, or classroom to address identified needs.
- Assists math teachers in analyzing data to guide instruction and plan targeted interventions.
- Facilitates and attends professional development to improve and maintain knowledge of content, instructional strategies, coaching skills, and adult learning theory.
- Develops and conducts professional development for math teachers regarding instructional strategies, best practices, and specific instructional topics at the school and district levels.
- Models equity practices in all activities.
- Duties as assigned by the Director of Curriculum and Educational Services and School Principal.
- Five years of teaching experience.
- Teacher certification (Math Endorsement); Administrator certification desired.
- Evidence of exemplary mathematics instruction in past teaching roles.
- Training in a variety of behavior modification techniques (examples: Restorative Practices, PBIS, Classroom Instruction that Works, Kagan, Champs, Capturing Kids Hearts).
If you are interested in applying for this position, submit a letter of interest, application, resume and any letters of recommendation to:
Clintondale Community Schools
Human Resources Office
35100 Little Mack
Clinton Township, Michigan 48035
In compliance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Age Discrimination Act of 1975, Title II of the Americans with Disability Act of 1990, and Elliott-Larsen Civil Rights Act of 1977, it is the policy of Clintondale Community Schools that no person shall, on the basis of race, color, religion, military status, national origin or ancestry, sex (including sexual orientation), disability, age (except as authorized by law), height, weight, or marital status be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be subjected to, discrimination during any program, activity, service or in employment. If you have any questions or need to contact someone about discrimination of any kind in the school district, contact the Superintendent at 35100 Little Mack, Clinton Township, Michigan 48035.