It is the responsibility of the custodian to care for the interior of the building, in addition to snow removal and salting of the entranceway into the building. The custodian reports to the Director of Operations.
The compensation is outlined in the collective bargaining master agreement with AFSCME Local 1630.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES
- General maintenance of floors to include sweeping, mopping, buffing and waxing.
- General dusting to include window sills, woodwork, furniture, etc.
- Washing walls, woodwork, glass, etc.
- Clean and maintain rest rooms, showers, locker rooms, etc.
- Clean the exteriors of wall lockers, interiors of wall lockers on occasion
- Empty garbage in classrooms
- Wash walls and windows as needed
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of Operations
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Must pass a custodial exam
- Possess mechanical ability
- Must be able to lift fifty (50) pounds
- Must be trustworthy, honest and possess high moral character
- Must be able to read and follow written directions
- Must pass a physical examination
If you are interested in applying for this position, submit a letter of interest, application, resume and any letters of recommendation to:
Clintondale Community Schools
Human Resources Office
35100 Little Mack
Clinton Township, Michigan 48035
In compliance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Age Discrimination Act of 1975, Title II of the Americans with Disability Act of 1990, and Elliott-Larsen Civil Rights Act of 1977, it is the policy of Clintondale Community Schools that no person shall, on the basis of race, color, religion, military status, national origin or ancestry, sex (including sexual orientation), disability, age (except as authorized by law), height, weight, or marital status be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be subjected to, discrimination during any program, activity, service or in employment. If you have any questions or need to contact someone about discrimination of any kind in the school district, contact the Superintendent at 35100 Little Mack, Clinton Township, Michigan 48035.