Instructional Assistant (Middle School)
Clintondale Schools is seeking to hire an Instructional Assistant at the middle school. The successful candidate will work in cooperation and under the direction of the Building Principal and the Director of Special Education to provide a learning environment that is responsive to the students’ instructional needs.
Per the AFSCME 2021-23 contract, depending on experience.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintain disciplinary activities in all school settings.
- Compliment instruction by assisting the teacher by helping students understand the lesson.
- Supplement instruction by assisting the teacher by working with small groups of students.
- Assisting students get on and off the bus.
- Assist teacher by preparing classroom materials.
- Assist in fine and gross motor skills development.
- Help students develop social skills to be able to interact with other students.
- Stay with the class alone during emergencies for 10-15 minutes.
- Attend field trips.
- Attend staff meetings during work hours.
- Maintain a professional attitude.
Must meet federal/state guidelines to include:
- Associate’s degree or ETS Parapro certification with a score of 460 or above.
- High School diploma.
If you are interested in applying for this position, submit a letter of interest, application, resume and any letters of recommendation to:
Clintondale Community Schools
Human Resources Office
35100 Little Mack
Clinton Township, Michigan 48035
In compliance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Age Discrimination Act of 1975, Title II of the Americans with Disability Act of 1990, and Elliott-Larsen Civil Rights Act of 1977, it is the policy of Clintondale Community Schools that no person shall, on the basis of race, color, religion, military status, national origin or ancestry, sex (including sexual orientation), disability, age (except as authorized by law), height, weight, or marital status be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be subjected to, discrimination during any program, activity, service or in employment. If you have any questions or need to contact someone about discrimination of any kind in the school district, contact the Superintendent at 35100 Little Mack, Clinton Township, Michigan 48035.