Open Position: MAINTENANCE LEVEL THREE Full Time/Benefits
POSTED: May 12, 2023 DEADLINE: 3:00pm May 17, 2023 or until filled FTE: 1.0
Under the direction of the Director of Operations, the Maintenance Level 3 person shall be able to perform the repairs on buildings and
equipment as well as perform a variety of skilled duties in the areas of plumbing, carpentry, electrical, heating and cooling, and painting. The
Level 3 Maintenance worker must also comply with safety guidelines and procedures.
The compensation is outline in the collective bargaining agreement with AFSCME Local 1630.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Replaces broken windows.
2. Performs electrical duties to include replacement of ballasts, fuses, light switches, outlets and plugends.
3. Repair and replaces broken door hardware.
4. Performs plumbing duties to include replacing faucets, sinks, toilet parts, etc.
5. Repair furniture.
6. Floor tile replacement and training under Asbestos Hazard Emergency Response Act. Asbestos training will be provided.
7. Perform Boiler Room inspections as needed.
8. Drains compressor as needed.
9. Clock, bell, heating and cooling systems programming.
10. Assures that all fire alarms are working.
11. Painting and carpentry skills.
12. Knowledge of boiler operation, and heating and ventilation systems.
13. Maintenance of Air Handling Unit and Cooling Handling Units, ie changing oil, filters, lubing of all units and coils.
14. Attends training classes as deemed necessary.
15. Oversee and instruct the other maintenance level workers in all areas of maintenance.
16. Estimate and requisition materials to complete jobs.
17. Schedule daily, weekly monthly, yearly and emergency work orders and projects.
18. Wire new circuits.
19. Welding as needed.
20. Complete maintenance of boilers.
21. Follows all Federal, State and local OSHA and MIOSHA standards.
22. Perform other duties as assigned by the Director of Operations.
1. High school diploma or equivalent.
2. Must pass a maintenance exam.
3. Must have worked in the custodial field for 5 years, preferred.
4. Pass a physical examination, drug screen and background check (CHRI).
5. Must be able to lift at least 75 pounds.
6. Must be able to read written directions and literature in his/her field and be able to express himself/herself clearly, both orally and in
7. Ability to use power tools.
8. Painting and carpentry skills.
9. Must possess a valid driver’s license and Chauffer license.
10. Ability to work off ladders and scaffolding.
11. Willingness to obtain asbestos training.
12. Must have low pressure boiler operator license (within 1 year) of placement.
13. Must understand and comply with all local electrical and plumbing codes and ordinances.
14. Journeyman’s License, preferred.
15. Must be able to read and understand blue prints along with architect specifications.
16. Knowledge of heating and cooling operations.
17. Must have attended two classes in Heating, Ventilation and Cooling (HVAC) controls.
18. Knowledge of multiphase and high voltage electrical wiring.
19. Must have leadership qualities.
20. Ability to adhere to district confidentiality policy.
21. Must be knowledgeable in regard to State of Michigan and Federal mandates as required.
Internal candidates must send a resume and letter of interest to the Human Resources Office.
External candidates must apply HERE.
In compliance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Age Discrimination Act of 1975, Title II of the Americans with Disability Act of 1990, and Elliott-Larsen Civil Rights Act of 1977, it is the policy of Clintondale Community Schools that no person shall, on the basis of race, color, religion, military status, national origin or ancestry, sex (including sexual orientation), disability, age (except as authorized by law), height, weight, or marital status be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be subjected to, discrimination during any program, activity, service or in employment. If you have any questions or need to contact someone about discrimination of any kind in the school district, contact the Superintendent at 35100 Little Mack, Clinton Township, Michigan 48035.