Sinking Fund Info
A Sinking Fund is created by a local tax millage and is levied on all property located in a local district. All funds received through a Sinking Fund millage are restricted and can only be spent for specific purposes, as set forth by the state.
In the upcoming special election on May 7, 2024, voters will be asked to vote on a new Building and Site Sinking Fund for construction and repairs of school property.
If approved, it would allow Clintondale Community School district to create a fund to be used strictly for renovations to facilities, sites, parking lots, and school buildings.
Sinking Fund Projected Targets:
- Secure entrances at all buildings
- New fencing around all schools (including athletic fields & property line fencing)
- Marquee signs/electronic billboards
- Parking lots and cement reconstruction
- School windows and flooring projects
- New track, football field, bleachers, and concession stand
- HVAC projects
- Water main infrastructure
- New vehicles for student transportation
Estimated Sinking Fund Annual Tax Bill Difference
Note: The above information is for estimation purposes only. Please consult a tax professional when evaluating individual circumstances.
Assume taxable value is 50% of market value for estimation purposes. Review individual property taxable value for more accurate estimates.